Thursday, March 17, 2016

March 17, 2016

Thursday, March 17th

After breakfast, my group which consisted of Erin, Hailey, Kyle, Rylee, Alexis, Elijah and myself went to work at the Community food pantry. We had quite the time getting there. You see Google Maps was behind in updating the exact location and we finally Found it on the third try. Our perseverance paid off, nothing could stop us now!! We met up with their gardner Vern and he put us to work.
They grow fresh vegetables for the food pantry. They have also planted fruit trees which is the area we worked in. Cleaning leaves and Dead weeds from under the trees then putting down a new top layer of dirt. Hailey and Erin did a lot of raking where the newer smaller
Trees were. The kids did a great job with a little bit of help from Erin and I “encouraging” them on. They will probably hear our voices in Their heads while sleeping! We did get a lot accomplished and had fun at the same time! We are all quite sunburned but had a very Satisfying day.

Kathy

Today I got to share my testimony, at first I was so nervous I thought I was going to mess up. In the car on the way back from where I was working I kept telling myself that I can do all things through christ who strengthens me. This is what keeps me going every day because I know that I can do all things through christ who strengthens me. When I went on stage to do my testimony my hands were shaking but my voice was loud and clear. My voice was shaky at first but then a wall crashed down inside, I just let my voice out, the one that God gave me to use, the one that shows me that I don't have to be afraid anymore to talk in front of big crowds. It was the best thing that happened to me.

Alexis

Today I worked at a Homeless shelter, it was quite a new experience for me. It made me realize how much i have, and how much i take for granite.
While serving the food, it shocked me on the stories they began to tell us. Many of the people struggled from severe poverty, but still had a smile on their faces.
Most of the people were very kind, and a few asked us to pray for/with them. This experience really opened my eyes, and showed me that even when people have such little, they still thank the lord for what they do have.


Mack




Today God really gave me a great way to show my faith and a great experiance. He gave me the experiance to share Gods word with all the homeless people. It broke my heart how even though they have nothing, they are always still happy and ready to talk to all of us. it is the best thing
to hear all of their stories that they have. One guy used to be a veteran and he was upset because he said to us that he wanted to be recognized and he wanted people to understand what he is trying to say.
I would do anything to help these people. they deserve better than they are getting from the world. I know this is all for a reason by God. He has it in his hands.


Makenna

Today we got to go on an amazing Hike- Up in the sky, up on the mountain with 16 people- some of us were having troubles but we all were able to make it through the canyon trail today.  We had the help of two local high school student who acted like warriors.  We worked together- and helped one another and it was amazing to see God Creation.  Allison



No comments:

Post a Comment