Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday, March 14

/Today (3/14/16) our group had the pleasure of tearing a fence out at the school and our group worked hard putting a new fence up. God worked in our lives today by making sure everyone worked together and we were astonished with the finished product. We also went to the middle school and had our kick off. Our group (Aspyn, Kyle, Kenna, Nita, Karen, Elijah, Kendra, and Alexis)   did an awesome job singing songs and the crowd was really enthusiastic and was very appreciative. They enjoyed the gestures that were used during the songs. Kenna was very brave and presented her testimony in front of the middle schoolers. Alexis spoke in front of the group and did great. Kyle read a verse to the students and did a great job! Aspyn finished our kick off with a commercial to keep the students interested in our next appearance Thursday.     –Ashley

Today we got to tear a fence down, tear the bolts and nuts out, (which was actually hard work). (Hannah, Ryan, Sierra, Kathy, Ashley, Sean, Eli, Logan, Erin, Aspyn, Hailey, Madison) Did such an awesome job working together and we worked hard!! We also got to Hike on First Canyon, which was a blast, and a little sketchy at times. Me and Kendra got to go to Walmart with Ryan. That was cool. We got to watch a traditional dance, and flute performance, which was really cool to see all the culture and traditions that happens. Today was good!!! –Sierra

Today some of us got the chance to work at a local elementary school. (Nita, Karen, Kendra, Makenna, Kaitlyn, Ryley, Emily, Kyle, Allison, Zach, Destiny, Alexis) We all got to go help out in different classrooms. I got to help out in a 5th grade classroom! I had a great time getting to talk with all the students! They were so welcoming! I got to help the kids with their school work and play with them.  After the school day we got to go on our first hike! It was really fun, and cool to see everything! Overall today was a great day!! –Kaitlyn

Today our group got to work at an elementary school and help out in different grades. I got to work in a kindergarten class, which was a lot of fun! I helped a few the students with their reading and then I got to help them with math. It was really fun to get to interact with all the kids and get to know them! After working at the school, we got to go on a hike. It was really fun to see everything, even though it was a bit challenging at times! Then I got to Walmart with Ryan and Sierra, which was pretty cool. I got to push around a cart full of bottled waters. We also got to watch a flute performance and dance. I thought it was really interesting to learn more about their culture and traditions! I had a great day!!  -Kendra 


No comments:

Post a Comment